The Real Open is Here!
Howdy Champs! =)
Here it is, finally – the for-real, real-deal launch of LoR Competitive 2.0: the first official counts-for-Worlds Runeterra Open!
Day #1 of the Runeterra Open takes place on Saturday 15th, 7:00am in the respective Shard Time – check in-game under Play >> Tournament to make sure when it starts for you.
Day #1 of the Open works like Daily Rumbles, in the sense that you can play your games any time during the indicated window (that's to say, you can start your games later, as long as you finish by the cut-off time)…
… but, unlike the Rumbles, the Open has no entry fee.
It's, like, really Open to all LoR players!
And the prizes are really, really sweet – cash, clout, Worlds Points, and an invitation to Riot's Mystery Event:
Tools for the Job
As you can imagine, we at Mastering Runeterra are hyped as heck and ready to roll – and ready to help you roll, too!
- MajiinBae won the MaRu Open last weekend – here are his thoughts about the lineup he brought, and here is the Top Eight breakdown, with all their decks,
- Yang took the crown in Raise Your Flags#154 last Thursday – here is his lineup, which he plans to take to the Open,
- If Majiin's or Yang's decks are not what you find comfortable, here are Majiin's thoughts on three decks that may be hidden gems, and you may want to consider as alternatives,
- Yang and Leer have been busy pumping out deck guides with the latest powerhouses, in case you want to learn the ins and outs on how to pilot (or counter!) them: Illaoi Jarvan, Leona Samira, and Deep…
- … or check our Meta Tier List: it's not only constantly updated with the latest data, but it also provides links to guides for nearly all the popular and powerful decks,
- And if you are looking for more fringe options, Herko breaks down all the latest LoR ladder trends, where you can find the best spice – for example, did you know that Annie Jhin looks like it's about to come back?
Speaking of Open…
… LoR's Community Card Kitchen is now in operation, too!
If you’ve ever wanted to try your hand at designing a card for this game we love, now’s your chance: check Riot's cooking manual here, and join the brewing!
The Runeterra Show: Episode 51
Jason, Majiin, Jasensational, WhatAmI (who has just published "Debts of the Past", his first urban fantasy novel, by the way!) and Aikado chat about the recent meta developments, and how they're preparing for the upcoming Runeterra Open.
0:44 Aikado and Majiin's tourney picks + The Meta evolution
5:11 Where to put your Samira
9:36 WhatamI's struggle with the season
10:45 Jasensational: Karma Sett isn't control, it is boring anti-control
15:35 Jack/Seraphine, nuanced pillar of a great lineup
25:04 Ashe & Deep talk
30:07 Ionia's Nightmare lineup (Gwen Quinn takes)
39:50 Ladder, Gauntlet, and Tournament thoughts
53:00 New System vs Old System
Here it is at last: the launch of LoR Competitive 2.0.
Hope our deck guides, articles, and LoR data give you a hand in choosing your winning lineup, and good luck out there!